Thursday, April 16, 2009

what I wish the drs had told me

After doing 3 IVF cycles I was told that I have severe endometriosis, due to getting cysts. My dr. said First off I need to get rid of the implants, go on depo-lupron; Then we can do a 4th cycle.
Honestly I wish I was told all of this information before I ever started my first cycle. But I was told "oh you are young". Dispite the fact that I had severe endometriosis & 3 surgeries (this caused my FSH level to be slightly elevated). I was convinced to do 3 IVF cycles.
I honestly wish I never did IVF in the first place, I am very disappointed in the outcome.

It's so sad how some women go through IVF multiple times & spend multiple amounts of money in hopes of getting a baby, & not really gaurenteed a baby. I know that it's more likely that an older woman due to the fact that she is older, will not become pregnant through IVF. But in my case, I have severe endometriosis. I've had multiple surgeries, on my ovary which has messed up my follicle stimulation process. BUT... yet, I was told that I am young so IVF will work to get me pregnant. It makes me feel so so sad, to go through IVF 3 times & not be pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment