Thursday, April 16, 2009

IVF hoping for my miracle

what exactly is IVF (In-vitro fertilization)? This is where the embryo is fertilized with the sperm & then put back inside the woman's uterus. With IVF it by-passes the fallopians tubes, in hopes of the woman becoming pregnant. alot of the time IVF does work out, sometimes it takes a few tries before a woman is able to become pregnant.



Lets see... With doing IVF, at first I was pretty excited about the whole process: being able to become pregnant & have a baby. My ob/gyn told me that IVF should work because I am very young. Also If I was pregnant, it would relieve the symptoms of endometriosis. When you become pregnant you stop your period, with having endometriosis & having a period this causes a lot of pain due to excess bleeding from the implants & inflammation as well.



Before starting IVF I went & had an HSG (hysterosalpingogram) test done. This was to check & see if both my tubes were blocked. With the results of the test it turned out that both tubes were blocked. I also remember having no pain, due to no dye passed through the fallopian tubes. Sometimes with an HSG test done if you have minor blockage the test can help to clear out the junk from the fallopian tubes & usually you are able to become pregnant. Sometimes with an HSG test you experience severe cramping, sometimes not- it all depends.



After my HSG test, I went for my 1st consult appt. with an Reproductive endocrinologist. This was to see what could be done about my situation of getting pregnant. All in all I had 3 total consult appts. with R.E's.

Each dr. I went to all told me that since I am young, IVF should work to get me pregnant. I was very hopeful & pretty sure I could become pregnant through IVF.

No comments:

Post a Comment